Brainstormers and Ice-breakers
Answer Garden - plant a question, grow answers.A very easy to use tool, no need to sign up!
5. Answer length - you can choose 20 or 40 characters. It is usually best to instruct one or two word answer at the most.
How to create a Lino-it canvas for your students:
3. After the registration, you arrive to a page with all your previous canvases and the option to create a new one. Click on "create a new Canvas"
4. Name your new canvas (see picture below).
5. Choose a background - use the ones offered or upload your own in the option "upload an image".
6. Tick the option "everyone may post stickies" so that your students will be able to use it - you can change it later, after the assignment is done.
7. Tick the option - allow guests to post stickies, from the reason.
8. Click "create canvas".
9. Your new canvas is ready! Look at the right bottom side of the page. there is a picture of a tablet. It shows you that the size of the canvas is larger than the size of the screen - students can simply post stickies on all the canvas and you can reach it with the mouse.
10. On the right upper corner is the option to share stickies and web content. Click on a sticky note, write inside and click "post".
11. If you want to share a video, music or picture, click on their symbol and upload them from your computer.
Important - only the teacher can change stickies locations, so you shoud refresh your page and move stickies so that the students won't put stickies on top of one another. This problem does not exist in the next tool, padlet.
Sharing the canvas with your students
Padlet is very similar to Linoit, but it requires less work from the teacher - you don't have to move stickies from one place to another, they can be automatically arranged.
How to create a Padlet canvas:
1. Go into Padlet.com. Click on "sign up". Sign up with your google or facebook account, or create an account with a new username and password.
3. Click on: "yes, I'm a techer".
4. On the dashboard, you will see your previous padlets and the option to create a new one. Click it.
5. On the right side of your canvas, click on "settings".
costumize the wallpaper, layout and privacy (see pictures with prefferable choices below).
6. Now, choose "share", copy the link from the bottom (where it sayse Mobilize) and share it with your students.