- Go to the website XXXX.com
- Choose one of the level 2 articles and read it.
- What is the article about?
- What are the most important details?
- Why is this "news"?
- Write 3 questions that have no answers in the article.
- Copy 3 new words and translate them.
This website offers current texts in 7 different levels. The texts can be read and listened to. There are also handouts (work pages) and mini lessons with pre- and post- reading activities. The activities can be downloaded and printed.
BBC Learning English - Words in the News - up to 2014
These two pages in the "BBC Learning English" website present video stories as well as written articles and audio texts. The texts are marded with different levels of reading. You can download both the audio and the pdf version of the texts to your computers or mobile devices. Each text is accompanied by exercises and explanation of difficult vocabulary.
Here is an example of an audio report:press the picture.
You may comment on this post, make further suggestions for using the news in our classrooms, and offer more websites that you know and like.